Pasta with shrimp and asparagus
Delicious shrimp, asparagus and pasta dish perfect any time spring, summer or winter.
- 20 Shrimp
- 1 bunch of Asparagus sliced on an angle
- 1 1/2 cups of orecchiette Pasta
- 3 Shallots sliced
- 3 Green onions sliced on an angle
- 1/2 Yellow onion diced small
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a large pot, add 4 quarts of water. Bring the water to a boil and add two large chef pinches of salt (around ½ tablespoon). Next, cook the pasta to al dente and remove the water from the pasta. Set aside.
In a large sauté pan, heat butter and olive oil. When the butter has melted, add sliced shallots to the pan and cook them until they’re soft and aromatic. Then, sauté the asparagus with the shallots until the asparagus are soft. Add the pasta a little bit at a time and mix until the pasta is completely incorporated.
In another sauté pan add butter and olive oil. When the butter is completely melted add the onions to the pan, season with salt/pepper and sauté them until they are aromatic, soft and transparent. Next, add the shrimp to the pan and season them with salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp for a few minutes and then add white wine (add the wine off the fire and then put the pan back on). Keep the heat at a medium for 1-2 minutes until the alcohol has cooked out and then add the lemon juice and turn the fire to a medium high. Finally, bring the liquid to a simmer and finish cooking the shrimp for 2 more minutes, add green onion and then pour the shrimp and liquid mixture over the pasta. Toss everything together and serve.
You'll also love
- Maple Iced Pumpkin Blondies 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Crisp 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Classic Linguine with Clam Sauce 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Jalapeno Cornbread 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Zesty Salmon Burgers with Dill... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Ginger Beef and Ramen Noodle Soup 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Tilapia Stuffed with Crabmeat 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Shrimp Pad Thai 4.4/5 (17 Votes)