Pan Roasted Maple Dijon Chicken With Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts
This light, robust meal is made in one pan. The flavors of the chicken marry with butternut squash and Brussels sprouts, creating delicious harmony between them.
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 16 Brussels sprouts, bottom trimmed, outer leaves removed, and halved, about 8 ounces
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced 1/2-inch
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from sandersonfarms.com
In a sauté pan large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan, skin side down and sauté for about 5 minutes per side or until chicken is browned. Remove chicken from pan and reserve. Pour drippings off.
In same pan, add butter. Allow the butter to melt over medium heat. Add squash and sprouts to pan and sauté, tossing occasionally, until the outsides are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and hold separately from chicken.
Turn heat to high and add stock, syrup and mustard. Stir and bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add chicken back to the pan, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 25 minutes or until chicken registers 190°F with an instant read thermometer.
Add vegetables back to pan, cover again, and cook for another 8 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter, placing vegetables around chicken.
Turn heat to high and boil sauce until it is reduced and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Cook's Illustrated Pork Chops 4.2/5 (44 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter... 3.9/5 (84 Votes)
- EASY Creamy Sausage Dip 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- LEMON WHIPPERSNAPS 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Classic Chicken and Dumplings (No... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Pineapple Carrot Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Creamy Homemade Rice Pudding,... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)