Gold Medal Flour's Best-Ever Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3-4 medium)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Heat an oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottoms of two 8 x 4 inches loaf pans.
In large bowl, mix sugar and butter. Add eggs, bananas (increase recipe by one banana), buttermilk and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and nuts (if using) until the mixture becomes moistened. Distribute the batter evenly into the two pans.
Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to cooling rack. Let the bread cool for about an hour before slicing.
You'll also love
- EASY Creamy Sausage Dip 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- LEMON WHIPPERSNAPS 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Strawberry Mousse Parfaits 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Pie 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
Review this recipe