Hunan Chicken Recipe
This dish consists of deep fried chicken pieces coated with a sweet and spicy sauce. Peanuts and green onions are added to the mix for even more flavor.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1” chunks)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- Oil, for frying
Preparation time 15mins
In a medium bowl whisk together egg and cornstarch until smooth. Add chicken pieces tossing to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in another medium bowl combine chicken broth, chili garlic sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
Heat a deep fryer to 375°F. Deep fry chicken in batches until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165°F) and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Add a tablespoon of oil to a wok and heat to medium high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Pour in the sauce and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peanuts to the sauce. Place the deep fried chicken pieces into a large serving bowl. Pour in the sauce and toss to coat. Top with green onions.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Moscato Cupcakes 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Guinness Chocolate Cake with... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Slow cooker creamy chicken and... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Tortilla and Sausage Breakfast... 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Healthy Pizza Panini 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Baked Pecan Crusted Chicken Fingers 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach-Stuffed Chicken 4.5/5 (26 Votes)