Sweet Corn Zabaglione Halibut
A luscious dish by Chef Cat Cora
- 1 T Butter & 1 T Olive Oil
- 1/2 c fresh yellow corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c heavy cream
- 2 egg yolk
- Kosher salt to taste
- For Fish
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 6 ounce halibut fillets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 c arugula, stems removed
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 c fresh yellow corn kernels
Prepare the cream sauce – Heat a skillet and spray with Pam and cook corn and garlic 4 minutes. Add the half and half and simmer on very low heat 10 minutes. Because the half and half has no fat, you have to be careful to not let this come to a boil.
Transfer all to a blender and puree until smooth and then strain through a fine mesh sieve. Bring 1 inch of water to boil in a double boiler and pour the corn puree into a bowl and whisk in the egg yolk then place in the top pan of the double boiler and whisk until thickened, about 10 minutes. Season with salt.
Pan sear fish in olive oil, butter with salt and pepper.
Toss together arugula, tomatoes, onion and corn and mix with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Divide the cream sauce on dishes, plate the fish atop it and add the salad bits to the top.
You'll also love
- Vietnamese Diced Beef 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Dessert Squares 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Ultra-Crispy Roast Potatoes 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Onion-Topped Potato Casserole 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Parmesan Pesto Tilapia 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp with Garlic Parmesan... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Salmon with Mango Chutney and... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef &... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)