Uncooked Shrimp Toast may be Frozen,wrapped in freezer paper and defrosted in refrigerator the night before frying and serving.
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1 Loaf White Bread, Extra Thin, crusts removed (Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 Pound Shrimp, thawed, cleaned, dried of moisture with a paper towel and coarse chopped
- 2 Egg Whites
- 6 thin Scallions, chopped finely
- 3 teaspoons fresh Ginger, chopped finely
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Peel, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Oil for Frying
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- Sesame Seeds
- Deep Fryer or Large Deep Frying Pan
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from spicedpeachblog.com
In the bowl of a food processor wiz together the shrimp and egg white forming a coarse paste, scrape into a glass mixing bowl then gently stir in the the scallions, ginger, orange peel, chili sauce, and sugar. Refrigerate shrimp mixture for at least a half hour then, using a mini spatula, one slice at a time, spread mixture across bread including into the corners before cutting each piece in half on a diagonal and placing onto a large cookie sheet. Fry Shrimp Toast rolling over until golden on both sides before placing onto a paper towel to absorb grease, serve immediately with dipping sauce.
In a small bowl stir together the liquid ingredients then top with sesame seeds.