Crumb Topped Apple and Pumpkin Pie
What more delicious than apple and pumpkin pie together? Nothing! This pie will be the talk of the night!
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- PUMPKIN FILLING
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer pastry to a 9-in. deep dish pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Spoon into crust.
In another large bowl, whisk the pumpkin filling ingredients. Pour over apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
For topping, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over pie.
Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted into pumpkin layer comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over browning if necessary.
Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 10 servings.
You'll also love
- GENIUS PASTA WITH TWO BROCCOLIS ... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- CHICKEN - Asian Chicken Thighs 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pavlova with Boozy Blueberry Sauce 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Potatoes, Parmesan... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Summer Squash Stacks with... 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Couscous Salad with Zucchini and... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- APPLE COUGAN 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Pumpkin Biscuits II 4.8/5 (6 Votes)