St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes & Corned Beef Hash
Spinach makes these traditional pancakes green for St. Patrick's day. Serve with corned beef hash and eggs fried to your liking, this St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes and Corned Beef Hash can also double as the classic green eggs and ham that all the kiddos will love.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup frozen spinach, defrosted, chopped and squeezed dry (about 3 to 4 ounces after squeezing)
- 1/3 cup chives, loosely packed chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Kosher salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sharp or medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs, fried
- 2 cups prepared corned beef hash, your own recipe or canned
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Blend the milk, egg, spinach, chives, flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a blender on medium-high, scraping down sides occasionally, until completely mixed and bright green. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cheese.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add about 1 teaspoon of butter to the pan, heat through until foaming subsides. Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet; use the back of your ladle or a spoon to spread it slightly. Pour 1 or 2 more pancakes, taking care to keep them evenly spaced apart. Cook until the top is set and starting to bubble, and the undersides are browned and crisp at the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook another 2 minutes on the second side adjusting the heat if the cakes are browning before the cakes fully set.
Serve immediately or transfer to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the skillet as needed, you should have 8 to 10 pancakes.
To serve pancakes, transfer 2 pancakes to each plate, top with 1/2 cup corned beef hash, a fried egg and a sprinkling of chives.
You'll also love
- Italian Brunch Torte 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Limoncello Cake with Mascarpone... 3.8/5 (438 Votes)
- Kentucky Hot Brown Bake 4.2/5 (160 Votes)
- Crockpot Ham, Green Beans &... 3.8/5 (329 Votes)
- Springtime Asparagus Medley 4.5/5 (124 Votes)
- Spinach Dip (a.k.a. J Alexanders) 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Crockpot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (125 Votes)
- Spicy Chinese Beef 4.5/5 (113 Votes)