Apricot Pound Cake
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 oz jar apricot jam (or fresh or canned drained and pureed)
Adapted from eatathomecooks.com
In a mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture, alternating with the sour cream. Mix just until blended after each addition.
Place 1/3 of the batter in a greased and floured bundt pan. Spread the apricot jam over the top of the batter. Add another 1/3 batter over the jam, then spread the rest of the jam. Finish with the last of the batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the pan and cool completely. I made a simple glaze of powdered sugar and milk to drizzle over the top.
You'll also love
- Coconut Nutella No Bake Cookies 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Nordstrom's White Chocolate Bread... 3.8/5 (115 Votes)
- Chicken Stuffed Shells 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Chicken Parm Lasagna 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple Cobbler Cheesecake 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Saucy Apricot 'n' Spiced Meatballs 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Traditional Italian Cream Cake 4.2/5 (23 Votes)