Red Swiss Chard With Bacon, Garlic And White Wine
- 1 pound red (or green) Swiss chard stems removed, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 slices bacon finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Coarsely chop the Swiss chard and reserve.
In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the bacon and garlic and sauté until the bacon is crisp and the garlic is lightly browned.
Add the Swiss chard, salt and white wine. Turn the heat to low, cover and cook until tender, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Season with the pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Total Carbohydrates: 18.6 grams
Total Carbohydrates minus Fiber: 11.4 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving: 4.6 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving minus Fiber: 2.8 grams
You'll also love
- Lobster Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Broiled Lobster With Garlic Oil 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Steaks With Garlic And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Beets With Cabrales Blue... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cured Pork Tenderloin With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crawfish Spinach Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Beef Filets With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork And Cheese Tamales -... 5/5 (1 Votes)