Eggplant Dip With Mayonnaise And Garlic
- 2 eggplants - (2 to 3 lbs total)
- 1 large garlic clove - (to 2) minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion, preferably mild (optional)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise - (to 1/2)
- 2 teaspoons strained fresh lemon juice - (to 4)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 hard-boiled egg - (to 2) coarsely grated
Heat the grill or broiler. Grill or broil the eggplants, turning them often, until their skin blisters and begins to blacken, then peel them.
Chop the eggplant pulp fine with a knife or in a food processor. Transfer the eggplant to a bowl. Add the garlic and onion and mix well. Stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste;the mixture should be generously seasoned. Lightly stir in the eggs and taste again.
Refrigerate in a covered container at least 30 minutes to blend flavors. Serve cold in a shallow bowl or spread in a thick layer on a plate.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Each of 8 servings: 71 calories; 109 mg sodium; 3 mg cholesterol; 4 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 10 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 2.87 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Braised Beef Short Ribs With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fried Sauerkraut And Polish Sausage 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Oyster Mushroom Tempura 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Italian Mushroom Gravy 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Onion Petal Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ripe Tomato Ketchup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC (GAMBAS... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Juliet Tomatoes with... 4.1/5 (33 Votes)