- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- Butter for baking sheet
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar plus
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar divided (less if berries are very sweet)
- 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Defrost the puff pastry sheet according to package directions. Butter a large rimmed baking sheet or jellyroll pan.
Mix the berries with one-fourth cup sugar, the tapioca and cornstarch. Let them sit for 15 minutes.
Roll out the puff pastry to an 18- by 12-inch rectangle on a lightly floured board. Brush the edges with some of the egg white. Spoon the berries lengthwise down the center of the pastry.
Pull one side of the pastry sheet up and over the top of the berries and tuck it under the berries inside the other part of the pastry sheet. Pull the other side of the pastry sheet up and over and tuck it under the pastry roll. Press the ends down to seal and tuck under. Brush the entire surface with the remaining egg white. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Remove the strudel from the oven and cool slightly. Combine the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar with the vanilla extract. Sprinkle over the surface of the strudel. Serve warm or room temperature.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Each of 10 servings: 95 calories; 1 gram protein; 19 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 2 grams fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 17 mg. sodium.
You'll also love
- Egyptian Eggplant With Coriander 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Eggplant Dip With Mayonnaise And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Onion Petal Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Luby's Cafeteria's Lemon Sour... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- White Chocolate Strawberry Torte 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Tommy Bahama's Blackberry Berry... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Disney Apple Strudel with Vanilla... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)