Spice-up your typical weekly side dish routine with this Miso-Glazed Turnips recipe. Give a little Asian-flare to any typical buffet spread with these white miso-glazed turnips that are finished with fresh lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve this recipe with brown or white rice and a lightly dressed side salad to make it a complete meal or serve it on the side of the meaty main course of your choice.
- 1 pound small turnips, trimmed, scrubbed, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Combine turnips, miso, butter, and sugar in a medium skillet, then add water just to cover vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook turnips, turning occasionally, until they are tender and liquid is evaporated, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Once all the liquid has cooked off, keep cooking turnips, tossing occasionally, until they are golden brown and caramelized and the sauce thickens and glazes the vegetables, about 5 minutes longer.
Add lemon juice and a splash of water to pan and swirl to coat turnips. Season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Luscious Lemon Chicken 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Whole-Grain Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Fusilli With Lemon-Cream Sauce,... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Beet, Broccoli, Kale, Parsley,... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Vegetable & Tofu Coconut Red Curry... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sorghum-Cider Punch 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Iowa Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Herbed Cashew Cheese Spread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)