Roasted Garlic Mashed Turnips
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs turnips, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and crushed black pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from nourishedny.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Peel off outer layers of your head of garlic and slice the entire head in half lengthwise.
3. Place the garlic halves cut side up on top of a sheet of aluminum foil. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil across the cloves and completely wrap the foil around the garlic. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes––or until fragrant.
4. While the garlic is roasting, place quartered turnips into a pot and cover with water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Let turnips boil until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
5. Remove turnips from the pot with a slotted spoon and transfer to a food processor or blender. Add the roasted garlic and process until smooth. With the mash blending, pour in olive oil and season with salt and crushed black pepper to taste.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Filets with mushrooms and Thyme 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Veal Scallopini - 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chocolate Cherry Ripe Cheesecake 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Potato Gnocchi with Brown... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Zucchini-Pineapple Quick Bread... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Basil and Garlic Meatballs 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Turnip Green Soup 3.9/5 (166 Votes)
- Crunchy Turnip, Apple, and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)