Healthy Lemony Yogurt Loaf Cake
Healthy Lemony Yogurt Loaf Cake can be eaten and enjoyed guilt-free with a cup of hot tea on a sunny Saturday morning! Enjoy!
- Nonstick baking spray, for coating loaf pan
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plain lowfat (2-percent) Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup lowfat (1-percent) milk
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
Preparation time 75mins
Cooking time 125mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
Put the sugar and lemon zest in another bowl and rub the lemon zest into the sugar with your fingers. Add the yogurt, milk, olive oil, vanilla, egg whites and whole egg and vigorously whisk until well blended. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and fold until just incorporated.
Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, and then unmold and cool to room temperature.
You'll also love
- Maple Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Halloween Snack Mix 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Spinach Lasagna 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Truvia Lemonade 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemon Infused Shrimp Scampi Pasta 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Carrot Salad with Cumin... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Nutella Peanut Butter... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Cherry Stack Cake 4.6/5 (21 Votes)