Roasted Carrot Salad with Cumin Raisin Vinaigrette
This Roasted Carrot Salad with Cumin Raisin Vinaigrette is amazing! If possible, use carrots bough from your local farmer's market, they're so much sweeter and tastier than store bough carrots.
- 1 pound fresh carrots, peeled
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound arugula, washed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Make the vinaigrette and soak the raisins and shallot in the mixture while your carrots are roasting. This will plump up the raisins, and mellow out the shallots.
Slice your carrots into 1/4 to 1/2-inch planks, horizontally. Lay them on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and kosher salt.
Roast at 425°F for about 15 minutes, turning over the carrots to caramelize both sides. They burn easily, so keep an eye on them.
Plate the arugula and add the roasted carrots to the top of the greens. Spoon the dressing over the salad and season with some black pepper.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Microwaved Yams/Sweet Potatoes 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Basil Sangria 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Nutella Peanut Butter... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Rustic Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake... 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Doritos Taco Salad 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Pineapple Carrot Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)