Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
I made this Glazed Lemon Pound Cake for my family and they loved it! It's sweet, dense and perfectly lemony. Yum!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, grated
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 eggs, large
- 1 cup greek yogurt, full-fat, plain
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 115mins
Adapted from bigoven.com
Heat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest on medium-high until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in 4 tablespoons of the lemon juice, then the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Reduce mixer speed to low. Add half the flour mixture, then the yogurt, and then the remaining flour mixture. Mix just until combined (do not over-mix).
Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 65 to 75 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and 1 of the remaining tablespoons of lemon juice until smooth, adding the remaining lemon juice as necessary to create a thick, but pourable glaze.
You'll also love
- Daffodil (Angel Food) Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Bananas and Cream Pound Cake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Easy Oven Baked Squash Chips 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Lemonade 4.1/5 (111 Votes)
- Twix Pound Cake 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Healthy Curried Chicken Salad... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Pudding Cake 4.6/5 (9 Votes)