Ranch (or Caesar) Chicken & Rice
This creamy 1 skillet chicken dish was a great hit. The way the rice is glazed with the chicken juices first really adds a depth that was not expected; almost like a risotto (but obviously not). The flavor from the ranch hid the fact there was 'green stuff' and the kids ate it all up.
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless (skin on preferred, but not required)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup Ranch (or Caesar) dressing
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from delish.com
Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and cayenne. Use your best judgement. If you want start with about 1 teaspoon of each. Can always add more later. Add the Dressing and let that sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
In a large skillet, put in 2 tablespoons of oil (or enough to cover once hot) and set to medium-high heat. Then sear the chicken thighs skin side down for about 5 minutes. Once golden brown, remove to a plate and set aside.
Turn heat down to medium and cook the onions until they start to soften, then add the garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes more.
Add the Rice and stir so that it soaks up all the juices.
Add in the chicken broth, kale, onion powder, more salt (1 teaspoon) and more pepper (1/2 teaspoon) and additional Dressing if you want (I just use leftover from the marinade since it will be cooked). Place the Chicken into the mixture with the browned side up and then simmer on medium to low heat for about 20 minutes (or the rice is tender).
Stir in Baby Spinach and once wilted (in like 1 minute) it's ready. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Hot Dog Chili 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Curry Chicken Broccoli Casserole 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken-Broccoli Shells and Cheese 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Chicken & Roasted Red Potatoes 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice Bake without Canned... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Tomatillo Ranch Chicken 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Ranch Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)