Nothing says comfort like a bowl of homemade mushroom soup
- 1 medium spring onion
- 300 g flat mushrooms
- 300 g button mushrooms
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp cream
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Crush garlic & finely chop the leek.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan, add garlic & spring onion.
3. Cook over a medium heat for around 3 or 4 mins, or until spring onion
turns soft. Stir frequently at this stage.
4. Add mushrooms & cook them until they begin to soften.
5. Increase heat to high & slowly pour vegetable stock into saucepan, bring
soup to boil. Stir continuously.
6. Once soup is boiling, turn heat down to low & allow to simmer gently for
7. Remove soup from heat, stir through cream & add parsley. Transfer soup
to a heat-proof bowl & blend or puree until it's smooth.
8. Return soup back to saucepan & heat over a low heat until it's warmed
through. Don't boil soup with cream in it.
9. Add a little salt & pepper to taste.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.