Ina Garten's Baked Shrimp Scampi
Ina Garten's Baked Shrimp Scampi is great served with yellow rice and roasted asparagus. Mmmm! This dish is super easy to make and the marinade it easy too.
- 2 pounds (12 to 15 per pound) shrimp in the shell
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup panko (Japanese dried bread flakes)
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- NOTE: I calculate 6 large shrimp per serving, which was plenty.
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until combined.
NOTE: I used every one of these ingredients, and didn't regret it. The red pepper flakes gave so much flavor, but wasn't too hot at all.
Starting from the outer edge of a 14-inch oval gratin dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer cut side down with the tails curling up and towards the center of the dish.*
*NOTE: You can also serve these in individual gratin/ramekin dishes.
Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp.
NOTE: At this point, you can keep this refrigerated for a few hours, until your guests arrive.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until hot and bubbly. If you like the top browned, place under a broiler for 1 minute. Serve with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Zucchini, Squash, Onion & Cheese... 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Chopped Salad 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Pork Chops 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp in Foil 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Grilled Cilantro-Lime Shrimp with... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Shrimp with Penne Pasta 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Easy Shrimp Scampi 4.3/5 (22 Votes)