Cheesy Ham & Potato Bacon Casserole
It’s the most ridiculously easy casserole you’ll ever make and yet we looooove it. We all need something warm, easy, delicious and that uses leftovers at this time of year and trust me, this is it.
- 6 red potatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 4 ounces neufchatel or light cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from ohsweetbasil.com
Heat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x9" baking pan.
Fill a pot with water and heat over medium heat. Add the potatoes and boil until tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes. SEE NOTE Drain the potatoes and set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and once it begins to melt add the onion. Saute until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Dump the onion and butter into the pot with the potatoes and add the broccoli, ham and cream cheese. Stir to combine, not worrying about spreading the cream cheese as it should be left in clumps and dump into the baking dish.
Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Top with bacon the last minute and serve!
It's key that you cook the potatoes until tender during this step or they will still be too raw even with baking for the dish to be enjoyable.
You'll also love
- Golden Summer Squash & Corn Soup 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Pimento Macaroni Salad 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Sweet Freezer Corn 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Braised Country-Style Pork Ribs... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Pork Loin with Cranberries and... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Smothered Cube Steak... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Maple-Bacon Upside-Down Biscuits 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Spicy Bacon Guacamole 4.4/5 (18 Votes)