I know adding wine to a cake recipe sounds a little odd, but it gives it a terrific flavor! You'll make this crack cake over and over again--it's that wonderful!
- 1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix the all of the cake ingredients by hand or hand mixer. Grease a bundt pan. Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan. Bake for one hour.
When cake is done baking, melt 1 stick butter, 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup wine in a small saucepan on the stove top. Don't bring to a boil, just make sure the butter is melted and the sugar dissolved.
Pour over hot cake. Cool.
Flip out of pan onto plate and serve.
You'll also love
- Almond Madeleines 4.5/5 (110 Votes)
- Panera Summer Corn Chowder (Copy... 3.7/5 (504 Votes)
- Texas Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie 4.4/5 (116 Votes)
- Southern Triple Decker Strawberry... 4.1/5 (164 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (120 Votes)
- Butter Burgers 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Liquid Marijuana Drink 4.2/5 (168 Votes)
- Strawberry Soufflé Pancakes 4.3/5 (125 Votes)