I know adding wine to a cake recipe sounds a little odd, but it gives it a terrific flavor! You'll make this crack cake over and over again--it's that wonderful!
- 1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix the all of the cake ingredients by hand or hand mixer. Grease a bundt pan. Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan. Bake for one hour.
When cake is done baking, melt 1 stick butter, 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup wine in a small saucepan on the stove top. Don't bring to a boil, just make sure the butter is melted and the sugar dissolved.
Pour over hot cake. Cool.
Flip out of pan onto plate and serve.
You'll also love
- 7-Layer Salad 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Easter Cadbury Creme Egg Cupcakes 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Pink Champagne Punch 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Cake 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Cut-Out Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Hawaiian Millionaire Pie 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Vanilla Rice Pudding 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Chocolate-Rum Truffle Torte 4.4/5 (50 Votes)