Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
Homemade Pecan Pie filling is poured over cubed French bread and baked to deliciousness! This recipe is perfect for the holidays!
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes, about 8 cups
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, large pieces and halves
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
"Stale" fresh bread, I removed the crusts from it before cutting into cubes then laid them out in a single layer on a jellyroll pan and placed in a warm oven to dry out a bit before making the bread pudding.
Spray an 11 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place bread cubes in the baking dish. Drizzle the melted butter over the bread. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a mixing bowl, lightly whisk the eggs; whisk in the corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the pecans. Pour evenly over the bread. Using a rubber spatula, lift and move the bread around somewhat to coat all the pieces with the egg mixture. Redistribute the pecans if needed.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
Serve room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
You'll also love
- Best Shrimp Dish Ever 4.3/5 (123 Votes)
- Slow Cookers Vegetable Beef Soup 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cookies 4.5/5 (107 Votes)
- Butter Burgers 4.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Enchiladas with... 4.5/5 (113 Votes)
- Christmas Style Pretzel M&M Hugs 4.4/5 (105 Votes)
- Cheesecake Crescent Rolls 4.6/5 (101 Votes)
- Blackberry Pie Bars 4.5/5 (102 Votes)