So simple and delicious! Sauted onions on burger patties in toasted buns smothered with butter.
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 onions, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin
- 6 soft hamburger buns, split
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the broiler. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, 6 to 8 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water, cover and continue cooking until the onions are golden brown, about 15 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the onions to a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
Divide the meat into 6 loose balls, then gently flatten into thin patties. Heat the skillet over high heat. Add the patties to the hot skillet, smash them flat with a spatula and season with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping once, until well done, about 3 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, toast the buns under the broiler. Put the patties on the bottom buns and top each with 1/4 cup sauteed onions. Smear 2 tablespoons butter on the cut side of each top bun, then put on top of the burgers. Slice in half and serve immediately.
Photograph by Tina Rupp
Recipe adapted from Solly's Grille, Milwaukee for Food Network Magazine
You'll also love
- Jello Shot Cake 4.2/5 (152 Votes)
- Incredible Raspberry Cheesecake... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Apple Pie Filling 4.4/5 (114 Votes)
- Chicken and Dumplings in a Crockpot 4.4/5 (110 Votes)
- Chicken Teriyaki Recipe 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Breakfast Mac & Cheese 4.5/5 (104 Votes)
- Crescent Burgers 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- French Hamburgers 4.1/5 (72 Votes)