Pressure Cooker Roasted Potatoes
Fluffy on the inside with a lovely browned skin on the outside, baby or fingerling potatoes can be perfectly cooked in no time by combining traditional and pressure cooking techniques. We turn the recipe upside-down to achieve a delectable result. Raw potatoes are browned first, and then cooked to tender perfection. Piercing the potatoes right before pressure cooking keeps the skin intact- it won’t split into unpredictable shreds. The minimum amount of liquid helps steam the potatoes without boiling them.
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 pounds baby or fingerling potatoes, however many will just cover the base of your pressure cooker (500g – 1k)
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, outer skin on
- 1/2 cup stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from hippressurecooking.com
In the pre-heated pressure cooker, add the vegetable oil. When it has heated through add the potatoes, garlic and rosemary. Roll the potatoes around and brown the outside of the raw potatoes on all sides (8-10 minutes).
Then, with a sharp knife, make a small pierce in the middle of each potato (do not stir the potatoes, anymore). Pour in the stock.
Close and lock the pressure cooker. Turn the heat up high and when the pan reaches pressure, lower the heat and count 5-7 minutes cooking time at HIGH pressure.
When time is up, release pressure using the Natural method – move the pressure cooker to a cool burner and do not do anything, wait for the pressure to come down on it’s own (about 10 minutes). If the pressure has not come down in 10 minutes, release the rest of the pressure using the Normal pressure release – push, twist or lift the button or valve to release pressure.
Remove the outer skin of the garlic cloves (and serve whole or smash, to taste).
Then, sprinkle everything with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
You'll also love
- Frank's® Red Hot® Buffalo... 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Simple Sesame... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Grape Jelly Meatballs 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Bars 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Crispy Smashed Paprika Potatoes 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Garden Rotini Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Roasted Asparagus 4.6/5 (27 Votes)