Sweet Potato Pie
This classic sweet potato pie is a tried-and-true Southern favorite. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- (1-pound) sweet potato
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 110mins
Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.
You'll also love
- Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Apple Puff Up Pancake - Dutch... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Classic Pumpkin Roll with Orange... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Butter Garlic Herb Steak Foil... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Strawberry Cupcakes with... 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese... 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Chocolate Champagne Truffles 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Cheesy-scalloped-potatoes 4.6/5 (27 Votes)