Pumpkin Bars with Maple Browned Butter Icing
Need a little boost? Try these yummy Pumpkin Bars with Maple Browned Butter Icing, they're really, really good!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar
- 1/2 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seasoning (blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 115mins
Adapted from laurenkellynutrition.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
On low speed, beat eggs with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar, maple syrup, applesauce and pumpkin. Continue to beat for 3 to 4 minutes until thoroughly mixed.
In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, pumpkin seasoning, baking powder and baking soda.
Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and beat for a minute until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
While bars are cooking, cook butter in large saucepan over medium heat until browned, about 15 to 20 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally.
Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients while continuing to stir to avoid clumps.
Allow bars to cool completely before icing. Store in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Cherry Chocolate... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Corn Pudding 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Creamy Herbed Chicken... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Cauliflower Casserole 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Almost-Famous Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie - Double Layer 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Perfect Pumpkin Pie (King Arthur... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Soft-Baked Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.3/5 (36 Votes)