Pumpkin Spice Roll-out Sugar Cookies. | Life's a Batch
Simple and delicious! Even though there isn’t any actual pumpkin in the dough, I promise your nose will be fooled while these babies are baking! The aroma is absolutely magnificent!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar**
- 3/4 teaspoon, baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon, salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour**
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from lifesabatch.com
Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light & fluffy (about 3-4 minutes on medium speed). Add in the turbinado sugar, and cream for an extra minute or so. Add the baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice; mix well.
Add the egg & milk; beat well. Add the flour, mixing until well-combined. The dough should be soft & not sticky. Turn out onto sheets of waxed paper & roll. Cut out shapes, and transfer to baking sheets lined with parchment paper or Silpat liners. Freeze sheets for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 365°F. Remove cookies from freezer and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges begin to have a hint of brown. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Decorate with royal icing, if desired. These are FABULOUS plain, too!
You can substitute regular granulated sugar for the turbinado sugar. You’ll lose those little bits of “crunch,” but the end result is just as tasty. Alternately, you can also use just the brown sugar, but you’ll need to increase it to 1 1/4 cups total.
You can use regular all-purpose flour with great results as well. It is not quite as dense as whole wheat flour, so make sure you change the amount to about 3 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour instead.
You'll also love
- Kid's Birthday Octopus Cake 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin Marsala 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Roast Pork and Sweet Potatoes... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Sauteed Apples 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Cauliflower Purée with Thyme 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Sugar Cookie Christmas Tree 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Marriage Meatloaf 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Zucchini Noodles, Carrot Top... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)