Cauliflower Purée with Thyme
This Cauliflower Purée with Thyme recipe is perfect for a light, simple dish to enjoy. Enjoy this on it's own or serve it with a delicious protein like lamb or chicken.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (don't worry about keeping florets intact)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from onceuponachef.com
In a large pot, bring the chicken broth and salt to a boil. Add the cauliflower; bring back to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low and steam for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower to a food processor. Add 3 tablespoons of chicken broth from the pot, along with the butter. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add thyme and process until just combined.