Blueberry Gelatin Dessert
Light and delicious, this dessert is easy to make and is LOADED with fresh blueberries. The photo shows a slice garnished with fresh blueberries and a viola, the petals of which are edible.
- 3 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 2 pouches plain gelatin
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2 cups blueberry yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup whipping cream (or one packet of whipped topping, prepared)
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-4 cups blueberries (I used 4 and reserved some for garnish)
Preparation time 160mins
Adapted from foodandfact.com
Combine wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press into a 9x13" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
Put 1/2 cup cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle both packets of gelatin powder over top and leave for one minute. Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
Place yogurt and sour cream into a large bowl. Add gelatin and whisk all together until combined. Beat whipping cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff. Fold into yogurt mixture with the blueberries. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until set.
To serve, slice into squares and garnish each square with a sprinkle of graham crumbs and a few blueberries. You can also garnish with edible flowers, as in the photo. Enjoy! For step-by-step instructions with photos, visit my blog Apron Strings and Tasty Things at www.foodandfact.com
You'll also love
- Mom's Tortellini Soup 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Flank Steak with Black... 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Olive Oil, Garlic, and Peperoncini... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Spiced Ginger Peach Jam 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Kiwi Summer Roll 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sparkling Cranberry White... 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Strawberry Mimosas 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Frozen Blueberry Cheesecake Ice... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)