Spicy Apple Butter BBQ Pork Cupcakes
Bake them up the night before if you like – they’ll keep just fine. A quick reheat will have them back to oven fresh in mere seconds. And while we are keeping it simple, go ahead and use store bought pulled pork. Nothing wrong with that at all. Maybe grab a container at the grocery or deli, or even pop into a local BBQ joint for a tub of theirs. What these are about is the sauce. The Spicy Apple Butter BBQ is the real winner in this recipe.
Found this delicious recipe on DoughMesstic.com - here's the link:
- Apple Butter BBQ Sauce Ingredients and How To:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough, proofed and ready
- 2 cups Pulled Pork, shredded
- 2/3 cup Prepared Spicy Apple Butter Barbeque sauce (recipe follows)
- 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sautéed onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 3/4 cup Musselmann’s Apple Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over low to medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat; use as desired.
Adapted from doughmesstic.com
Prepare 2 muffin tins with non stick baking spray; set aside.
Sauté onions in butter over medium heat until caramelized. Set aside.
Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll out each piece of dough into a rectangle roughly 12 x 16.
In a small bowl, combine pork and half of sauce.
Top the rolled out dough with the remaining half of the sauce, the pork mixture, mozzarella, and sautéed onions.
Roll the rough up as you would cinnamon rolls. Pinch ends to seal.
Slice each roll into 12 equal slices, and place each cut side up into individual muffin cups. Allow to rise for 20 minutes while oven preheats to 375. Once the temperature reaches 375, place muffin tins in oven for 18-20 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and juices are bubbling. Remove from oven. Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Filipino Savory Pork Tocino 3.9/5 (44 Votes)
- Black bean and corn salsa 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Barbecue Bowls 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange juice 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Meatball Soup 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Bob Evans Sausage Cranberry... 4.3/5 (34 Votes)
- Harvest Salad with Apple Cider... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon Double Cheeseburger Beer... 4.1/5 (42 Votes)