Tomatillo Avocado Salsa
Perfect blend of flavors with the tomatillos, jalapeño peppers, onion and avocado. The lime gives it a little tartness, and helps help the salsa from turning brown. Add lots of fresh cilantro, if you like it.
- 6 to 8 tomatillos, peeled, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 serrano or jalapeño peppers, roughly chopped, removing seeds is optional for a more mild salsa
- 1/4 of a white onion, chopped
- 2 large avocado
- Handful of washed cilantro (I like a lot of cilantro for this recipe)
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt to taste
- Optional: Fresh minced garlic
Adapted from HispanicKitchen.com
Combine all of the ingredients in the blender. Blend on high until smooth. Taste for salt. I sometimes will add a tiny bit of water for easier blending.
Yields about 4 cups if using 2 avocados.
Tip: For a taquería-style avocado salsa, poach the tomatillos, chiles and onions until soft. Let cool, then blend as directed with remaining fresh ingredients.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Pie - 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Halibut with Lemon-Caper Sauce 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Brownie Swirl Pie 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Thai Pork Sliders 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Cranberry Banana Oatmeal Pancakes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Fresh Corn Tamales with Cheese &... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Chunky Apple Muffins 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Carrot, Avocado & Coconut Soup... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)