Sautéed Cod with Pea Cream
Buttery cod is accented with a creamy pea purée and crushed mustard seeds in this scrumptious sauteed cod with pea cream recipe. This dish is sure to impress that special someone on any date night in or at any festive dinner party for friends and family. This recipe goes well with a glass of your favorite white wine and, if you're feeling extra devious, you can even end this meal with a brownie a la mode.
- 2.5-pound boneless, skinless cod fillets, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, lightly crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups fresh or frozen, thawed peas
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- roughly chopped fresh dill, to garnish
Preparation time 150mins
Cooking time 180mins
Adapted from saveur.com
Sprinkle cod evenly with mustard seeds and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Meanwhile, heat butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add peas, 1 cup water, and salt and black pepper, and cover partially with lid; cook until sauce is reduced, about 10 minutes. Set sauce aside and keep warm.
Purée 3/4 cup peas, half-and-half, salt, and black pepper in a food processor; transfer to a 2-quart saucepan and keep warm over low heat. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add cod; cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Season with salt. Divide pea purée among 6 serving plates and top with cod; spoon over sauce and garnish with dill.
You'll also love
- Red Curry Shrimp Dumplings 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Orange Infused Overnight Steel Cut... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Pan-Grilled Scallops on Green Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Peeps Christmas Cupcakes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Camotes Enmielado - Candied Sweet... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Broiled Salmon with Thai Sweet... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- New Orleans-Style Crawfish... 3.8/5 (97 Votes)
- Breakfast Biscuit Cups for Two 4.4/5 (8 Votes)