Ginger Pear Shortcakes
These yummy shortcakes are stuffed with a sweet pear filling and made easy using Bisquick mix. They make the perfect Fall dessert!
- 2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 Bosc pears, peeled, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sweetened whipped cream, if desired
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 375°F.
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, granulated sugar, milk and molasses until soft dough forms.
On lightly floured surface, knead dough 3 to 4 times. Pat dough to 1/4-inch thickness; cut out 12 biscuits with 2 3/4-inch round biscuit cutter. Place on cookie sheet. In small bowl, mix walnuts, ginger, melted butter, cinnamon and cloves. Pat mixture on biscuit tops.
Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool completely.
In large bowl, toss pears and lemon juice. In 12-inch skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add pear mixture; stir to coat with butter. Cook 2 minutes; sprinkle with brown sugar. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pears are soft and sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt.
To serve, split biscuits in half. Place biscuit bottoms on dessert plates; top with pear mixture and whipped cream. Replace biscuit tops.