Mamacita's Green Sauce
Mamacita's Green Sauce is a zesty salsa blended with avocado, sour cream, cream cheese, and lemon juice to make the perfect creamy avocado salsa. This sauce is so delicious, you can practically put it on everything! It's creamy, light and full of flavor. Serve it at your next gathering and store the leftovers in the fridge. This recipe is best served at a gathering of good friends, with good fun, and good eats.
- 4 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (like Ro*Tel)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (I use a bit more)
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- tortilla chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a medium bowl, mash avocados and cream cheese together. Combine sour cream, tomatoes, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice, and green chilies, and mix well until smooth.
Can also be made in a food processor or blender. Just dump in all ingredients and blend or process until smooth.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.