Chicken Caesar Salad with Avocado Dressing
My Caesar salad recipe has a bit of a twist—avocado dressing! It lends extra creaminess and a pop of healthy oil to this classic salad.
Tip: If you aren't a fan of anchovies, try adding just a bit at a time into your avocado dressing. They add complexity to flavor that's less fishy and more salty.
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted & quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped oil-cured anchovy filets
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (5-oz) bag croutons
Adapted from qvc.co
1. To prepare the dressing, place the avocado, garlic, Parmesan cheese, anchovies, black pepper, lemon juice, vinegar, and water into a blender and process until smooth. Place the dressing in an airtight container and refrigerate until needed.
2. To assemble the salad, place the chopped lettuce into a large salad bowl, top with the shredded chicken, and pour the dressing on top. Lightly toss to evenly distribute the dressing. Add the croutons and serve.
You'll also love
- Paprika Chicken & Rice 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Beef Stew 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Wing... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Crockpot Smoked Sausage & Hash... 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Pizza Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, and Rice... 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- TORTILLA CHIP & PEPPER JACK... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)