Thai Glazed Corn
You'll wish fresh corn is available all year long when you try this Thai Glazed Corn that is garnished with Cotija cheese and cilantro. The fusion of Thai spices and Mexican influenced grilled corn is superb!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Finely grated Cotija cheese, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice. Cook over moderate heat until the glaze is syrupy, about 10 minutes.
Light a grill. Grill the corn over medium heat, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, 10 to 15 minutes; brush with the glaze during the last 5 minutes. Cut each corn cob into thirds, transfer to a platter and garnish with cilantro and cheese. Serve with lime wedges.