Roasted Onion, Butternut Squash, & Fig Salad With Maple-Mustard Balsamic Dressing
This recipe for roasted onion, butternut squash, and fig salad with maple-mustard balsamic dressing is great at your Thanksgiving meal, or as an autumn lunch.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 dried figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Ground pepper, to taste
Adapted from wallstcheatsheet.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss squash and onion with olive oil or avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 35 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare remaining components.
Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl or shake together in a glass jar. Set aside until ready to use.
In a large bowl, toss the greens with ¾ of the dressing. Divide evenly between 4 bowls or present this in one large salad bowl. Top with roasted squash, onions, walnuts, goat cheese, and figs. Drizzle each bowl with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Ghostly Cashew Cream White Bean... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin, Leek and Spinach Quiche 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Lavender Plantain Pancakes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Whitefish With Corn,... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Wilted Spinach Salad with grilled... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Applebee's Onion Peels 5/5 (1 Votes)