Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole
Dinner doesn't have to be a hassle. Make a quick meal for your family or just for you with this simple Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole.
- 2-3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 2 cans (15 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2-1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2-1 teaspoon basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- Black pepper to taste
- Frozen peas and carrots (optional)
Adapted from chefronlock.com
Put the chicken in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
Sprinkle the rice, red pepper and parsley over the top. Sprinkle on a few frozen peas and carrots (if using). Spread the cheese evenly over the top.
In a small bowl, combine the broth, chicken soup, oregano, basil, garlic and pepper. Pour evenly over the top of the other ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let it stand for a few minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Lemon... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Apple Puff Up Pancake - Dutch... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Chicken, Pomegranate & Cashew... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Easy Creamy Chicken with Wild Rice... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- French Onion Chicken Noodle... 4.2/5 (60 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Fried Rice 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Better Chicken Marsala for Two 4.6/5 (7 Votes)