Chicken, Pomegranate & Cashew Quinoa Salad
Don’t let the long ingredient list of this salad scare you – it comes together quickly.
The process goes something like this: Make the simple marinate for your chick’n and set aside. Set a timer for 15 minutes. Whisk together the dressing in a small bowl. Start putting the salad together and start grilling your chicken. Finish the salad and plate it. Top with the avocado. When the chicken is done, slice and add to the salad. Dress and serve! Start to finish it is less than 30 minutes. (Of course this will vary if you are using Chicken as you will need to make sure it isn’t pink in the center.)
- 10 oz Chicken
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek or soy yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 3 cups fresh salad greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- : Servings 4, Calories 391, Fat 17.9, Carbohydrates 33.3g, Protein 27.1g, Cholesterol 56mg, Sodium 532mg, Fiber 6.3g, Sugars 14.7g
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
In a small bowl combine lemon juice, sea salt, paprika and pepper. Whisk until combined. Place tempeh, chick’n or chicken in a shallow dish and pour the mixture over. Set aside for 15 minutes. In a grill pan or indoor grill, cook until golden brown and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and cut into thin strips.
Meanwhile, make dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and whisking together.
In a large bowl combine greens, quinoa, red onion, pomegranate and cashews. Toss until combined. Divide mixture between four plates and top with chick’n and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
You'll also love
- Buffalo Chicken Empanadas 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Super Easy Chicken... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Grilled Greek Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Pomegranate Israeli Couscous 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Pineapple Pecan Chicken Salad 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Chocolate Italian Cream Cake 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Pomegranate Cheesecake with... 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe