Easy Creamy Chicken with Wild Rice Soup
This is a crock pot recipe and so easy!!
- Part 1:
- 1/2 C uncooked rinsed wild rice
- 3/4 C diced celery
- 1 C diced carrot
- 1 C diced onion
- 4-5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbl It seasoning
- 1 1/2 # chicken breasts
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 6 C chicken broth
- 2 C water
- Part 2 for the roux:
- 5 T butter - melted
- 1/2 C flour
- 2 C whole milk
- 2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 260mins
Adapted from trendlaicious.com
Mix all ingredients in the crock pot. Cook on high for four (4) hours.
At 3 1/2 hours remove chicken, shred and return to crock pot.
Stir the butter and flour till a paste forms. Add the milk, stir till thick.
Add the mixture to the crock pot stirring till mixed thoroughly. Add the salt and pepper. Let stand for five (5) minutes.
Enjoy with a thick crusty bread and salad, optional.
You'll also love
- One Pot Cajun Shrimp & Sausage... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Italian-Style Sloppy Joes 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp Appetizer Spread 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Citrus Chicken Thighs with Mustard... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Granola Bars 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken & Gnocchi Soup (Copycat... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Fried Rice 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Healthified Cashew Chicken and... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)