Southern Chicken Cornbread Casserole
Cornbread, chicken and cheese, this casserole delivers great taste for a hearty dinner!
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed into 1" pieces
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, 8 ounce package
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (6.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can Green Giant® cream style sweet corn
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix chicken, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, sour cream and milk. Season well with salt and pepper. Fold in cheese and green onions. Spoon mixture evenly into dish.
Make cornbread mix as directed on pouch, substituting cream style corn for the milk and adding the egg and melted butter. Spread evenly over chicken mixture.
Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean.
You'll also love
- Keto Eggroll in a Bowl 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Easy Creamy Chicken with Wild Rice... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Soup 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- The Best Easy Chicken Enchiladas 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Super Easy Roasted Chicken and... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- French Onion Chicken Noodle... 4.2/5 (61 Votes)
- Sloppy Lasagne 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Homemade Buttermilk Cornbread 4.4/5 (36 Votes)