Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta
The chicken, creamy Marsala sauce with caramelized mushrooms and onions meet up in this dish to perfection, enjoy!
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless, skinless; cut into bite sized pieces
- 11 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound dry pasta + water for cooking
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese + more for serving
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from joelens.blogspot.com
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet until foaming. Cook chicken until lightly browned. Transfer to plate when done.
Boil water and cook pasta according to the directions.
Melt additional 1 tablespoon of butter in skillet, add garlic, mushrooms and onion and cook for about 6 minutes. Add cooked chicken back into the skillet. Add the Marsala, chicken broth and cream and bring to a boil. Simmer until sauce is is slightly thickened.
Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Return the pasta to the pot with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the mushrooms and chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and cook until the pasta has absorbed some of the sauce, about 1 minute, adding the reserved cooking water as needed if sauce needs more liquid.
Season with salt and pepper and serve with additional Parmesan cheese and a garnish of chopped parsley.
You'll also love
- Apple Whiskey Chicken Meatballs 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Chicken & Gnocchi Soup (Copycat... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Macaroni and Beef with Cheese 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Caesar Lasagna 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Better Chicken Marsala for Two 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Italian Lemon Pound Cake 4.3/5 (29 Votes)