Flat Belly - Chicken Pad Thai
From "Flat Belly Diet Cookbook", Enjoy!
- 4 oz flat rice noodles
- 4 tbsp lower-sodium ketchup
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- Lime wedges
Cooking time 15mins
1.) Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the noodles per the package directions.
2.) Combine the ketchup, fish sauce, and sugar in a small bowl. Heat 1 tsp of the peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add the egg and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until set. Transfer the egg to a bowl and reserve.
3.) Return the skillet to the stove top and heat the remaining 2 tsp oil. add the chicken and cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer. Stir in the noodles and cook for 1 minute longer or until hot. Add the ketchup mixture and cook, tossing, for 1 minute. Stir in the scallions and reserved egg and remove from the heat.
4.) Divide among 4 plates, garnishing each with 1/4 cup of the bean sprouts and sprinkling with the peanuts. Serve with the lime wedges, if desired.
You'll also love
- Chicken & Broccoli Braid 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Java Chicken Curry, Opor ayam 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Pukka Yellow Curry with Chicken... 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Frankenmuth Chicken Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cajun Cafe's Bourbon Chicken (From... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Barley Risotto 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Chinese Honey Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Swanson Sensational Chicken Noodle... 5/5 (2 Votes)