Broiled Scallops With Honey-Lime Marinade
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound bay, calico or sea scallops
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Combine honey, lime juice, oil, lime peel, salt and hot pepper sauce in large bowl.
Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towel; add to marinade. Marinate scallops in refrigerator, stirring occasionally 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat broiler. Arrange scallops and marinade in single layer in 2 individual broiler-proof dishes. Broil 4 inches from heat source 4 to 7 minutes or until opaque and lightly browned. Serve with lime wedges. This recipe yields 2 servings.
Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Meat, 1 1/2 Fruit.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 239; Calories from fat 30%; Total Fat 8g; Saturated Fat 1g; Protein 21g; Carbohydrates 23g; Cholesterol 48mg; Sodium 533mg; Dietary Fiber 1g.
You'll also love
- Southwestern Turkey Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb-Roasted Rabbit With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Veal Roast Stuffed With Spinach,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Halibut With An... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Figs Stuffed With Foie Gras Mousse 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Cakes With Red Beet And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Steak House's... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Claim Jumper's California Citrus... 0/5 (0 Votes)