Poached Salmon Salad With Lime-Tarragon Dressing
- 2 pounds skin-on salmon fillet
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup fish or chicken broth
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 handfuls mixed greens
- 1 large ripe tomato sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon (or 1/4 tspn dried tarragon)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, bring wine and next 4 ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and place salmon in liquid. Cover with lid or foil and poach until done, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove salmon from pan and allow to cool.
Remove skin from salmon. Arrange salad ingredients on plates. Top with poached salmon and dressing.
Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar with lid and shake to mix.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leaving the skin on during poaching will help keep the fillet intact. To remove the cooked fillet from the pan, carefully place a pair of spatulas under the fish and lift out gently and evenly. Pat gently with paper towels.
You'll also love
- Grilled Salmon Salad Nicoise 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Salmon Salad Sandwich 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Potato, Onion And Pea Champ 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai-Style New Zealand Green Shell... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Marinated Fish With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Ham With Orange Pan Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Snapper In A Coconut Curry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Champagne-Poached Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)