Ling Cod With Matsutakes
- 4 thick ling cod fillets scored with a knife (or other white fish)
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 slice fresh ginger - (abt 1/8" thk) peeled, shredded
- 1/4 pound snow peas
- 1/2 pound broccoli cut into florets
- 1 zucchini thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound matsutakes* cut matchstick-size
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Lemon wedges
* Alternate Mushrooms: Shiitake
Place the fish in a cooking pot that fits into a steamer. Top with the onions, ginger, vegetables, mushrooms, sherry, and salt and pepper to taste. Steam over boiling water for 20 minutes, or until the fish is flaky and tender. Serve with tamari sauce and lemon wedges.
This recipe yields 4 main course servings.