Chicken Mushroom Marsala Calzone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cut thin strips
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced Roma (plum) tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala or Sherry
- 2 pounds pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a large skillet heat oil until hot. Add mushrooms amd garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Add chicken, salt and black pepper; cook and stir until chicken is just slightly pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and marsala; cook and stir until most of the liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes; set aside.
Divide pizza dough into 4 portions. On a lightly floured surface roll or stretch each portion into an 8-inch circle. On one half of each circle, place 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese; then, with a slotted spoon, top with 1/4 of the reserved mushroom mixture, another 1/4 cup Mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge of the circle. Fold dough over the filing; press edges together firmly.
Carefully transfer to a large baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut a slit on top of each. Bake until crust is crisp and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.1/5 (893 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Sauteed... 4.1/5 (747 Votes)
- Crockpot Italian Chicken 4.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Salami Mozzarella Calzone 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Tuna Melt Calzones 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Three Mushroom-Watercress Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mushroom And Spinach Polenta Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts With Chanterelle... 0/5 (0 Votes)