Chef Neals Baby Back Ribs With Orange-Chipotle Glaze
- ORANGE-CHIPOTLE GLAZE:
- 4 slabs baby back ribs - (to 6) (abt 10 to 12 ribs per slab)
- Chinese five-spice powder to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- Coarsely-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - (7 oz) pureed in the
- blender or finely chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 8 cups sugar
Preheat a home smoker to 200 degrees.
Season the ribs on both sides with spices. Place the ribs in the preheated home smoker, and smoke for 20 minutes. Remove the ribs from the smoker and allow to cool.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Wrap the ribs in plastic wrap, then in foil, place on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Remove the ribs from the oven and allow to cool while still wrapped.
Prior to serving, spoon the Orange-Chipolte Glaze over the ribs, liberally coating both sides. Serve 1 slab of ribs per person, and pass the Orange-Chipotle Glaze at the table.
For Orange-Chipotle Glaze: In a heavy 3-gallon non-reactive stockpot, reduce the orange juice to 1/4 cup. Add the remaining ingredients and cook over medium-high heat until the sugar has melted and the sauce has reduced to 4 cups and coats the back of a spoon, about 20 to 30 minutes. Note: Be sure to use a large pot as specified, and also watch carefully while reducing the glaze -- it has a tendency to overboil! (Makes 4 cups sauce)
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)