Chicken Breasts With Chanterelle Mushrooms And Wild Rice
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons wild rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 pound chanterelle mushrooms*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
* If fresh chanterelle mushrooms are unavailable, you can replace them with dried or canned gourmet "forest" mushrooms.
Wash, drain, and chop the parsley. Peel and chop the shallot. Cook the wild rice according to the directions on the packet and drain.
Using a sharp knife, cut pockets in the chicken breasts and set aside. (See Note)
Wipe the mushrooms and gently sauté with the shallots in the butter in a frying pan for 3 minutes. Stir into the cooked rice, add the chopped parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
Fill the pockets you have made in the chicken breasts with this mixture, and secure them with a toothpick. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and cook the chicken breasts, covered, for about 7 minutes on each side. Serve with a green salad.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Note: Lay the chicken breasts on a cutting board and slice almost in half to make a pocket as when you slice a roll for a sandwich. Do not cut completely through (you will be stuffing the inside of the breast like a sandwich).
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ann's Chicken For Slow cooker 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tony Roma's Carolina Honeys BBQ... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ruth's Chris Steak House's... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack's Garlic King... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Claim Jumper's California Citrus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Sausage Breakfast Burritos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiana 0/5 (0 Votes)